Watching your waistline? Suck at making good pie crust? Then this super easy and delicious recipe is for you! It is simply the classic pumpkin pie filling recipe, cooked in a custard cup or ramekin, using my secret, figure friendly substitutions.
Serve it warm, with fat free whipped cream or fat free frozen vanilla yogurt for a decadent tasting dessert.
And if you must, you can use regular whipped cream, and you can skip my secret substitutions and use the original, high calorie recipe. Just don’t blame me if your jeans are too tight the next day!
- 3/4 cup white sugar – SUBSTITUTE – 1/4 cup brown sugar and the equivalent of 1/2 cup Splenda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 eggs – don’t substitute egg whites – the custard needs the whole eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can LIBBY’S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can NESTLE® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk – SUBSTITUTE – fat free evaporated milk – it made no difference to me nor my guests’ taste buds!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray 4 eight ounce ramekins with butter flavored cooking spray. Or you can use 6 six ounce ramekins for smaller custards. Place ramekins on a cookie sheet with sides. Use a sheet with sides so the ramekins don’t go flying off on you.
Beat together all ingredients, until light and fluffy. Pour pumpkin mixture, evenly into all the ramekins. Place the cookie sheet with the filled ramekins on the center rack in the preheated oven. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes. Smaller ramekins will cook faster than larger ones. Test for doneness by inserting a knife in the center of a ramekin and pulling it out. The knife will come out clean when the custards are done.
Let custards cool slightly.
The custard can be served in the ramekins, or for a more showy presentation, slide a knife around the inside edge of each ramekin. Turn ramekin over into the palm of your hand and gently unmold the custard. Place in the center of a dessert plate and add a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream/frozen yogurt. Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon and serve.