This recipe is taken from the July, 2011 issue of Martha Stewart Living magazine. I loved it because it used store bought pound cake! Very easy summertime recipe that is pretty enough for company.
All you have to do to assemble this “layer cake” is whip some cream and slice some peaches, arrange them on pieces of store-bought pound cake, and then pop the whole thing in the freezer to set.
- 3 peaches, peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch thick wedges
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup cold heavy cream
- 1 store-bought pound cake, sliced horizontally into 3 even pieces
1. Toss peaches with 1 tablespoon sugar. Whisk cream and remaining 1/4 cup sugar until stiff peaks form.
2. Line a 5 by 9 inch loaf pan with plastic wrap, leaving a 3inch overhang on all sides. Lay bottom slice of pound cake in pan. Arrange half the peaches on top in a singel layer. Spread half the whipped cream over peaches, and top with middle slice of pound cake. repeat with remaining peaches, whipped cream, and slice of pound cake.
3. Wrap cake gently with plastic wrap, and freeze for at least 45 minutes.
4. Remove cake from pan by using plastic overhangs to lift. Slice cake into 1 inch thick slices. Serve immediately.