These noodles make an excellent side dish for seared ahi tuna.
- 8 ounce package soba noodles or whole wheat pasta
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed and chopped
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 green onions, white and green parts, rinsed and chopped
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and discarded, caps sliced
- 1 cup edamame
- soy sauce for seasoning
- chopped peanuts for garnish
Cook pasta in boiling water, following package directions. Drain and rinse with cool water. Place in bowl and toss with sesame oil. Set aside.
Heat peanut oil in frying pan to medium high. Add garlic, ginger and chili flakes. Sautee for 2 to 3 minutes. Add carrots and 1/4 cup water. Sautee until water has evaporated and carrots are tender. Add onions, mushrooms and edamame. Sautee 3 to 5 minutes or until mushrooms are soft and edamame is tender.
Season with soy sauce. Add pasta and gently toss to combine. Adjust seasoning if needed. Garnish with peanuts and serve immediately.