- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 4 scallions, both green and white parts, chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup half & half
- 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- pinch cayenne pepper
- freshly grated nutmeg, about 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In a fine mesh strainer, squeeze as much liquid from the spinach as you can. In a large glass bowl, whisk the eggs and cream together. Whisk in everything else except the feta cheese. Gently, stir in the feta cheese.
Using olive oil, lightly oil the inside of 4 (8 ounce) ramekins or 6 (6 ounce) ramekins. Spoon the spinach and cheese mixture into the cups and place all of them on a baking sheet. Place in a preheated oven at 400 degrees F. and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until set. They should be set around the edges but still slightly soft in the middle. Remove from oven and let cool for about 10 minutes.
Using a butter knife, slide knife around the inside edge of each ramekin and slide the souffle out. Serve and enjoy!