This is a super refreshing, light and citrusy salad. It goes well with a Mexican or any “South of the Border” menu.
I use the bagged fresh coleslaw mix from my grocery store. Feel free to chop your own cabbage if you must.
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed lime juice, about 2 limes
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablepoons sugar or 2 – 3 Splenda packets
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 one pound bag coleslaw mix
- 2 jalapeno peppers, stemmed, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons red onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
In a large glass bowl, mix the lime juice, sugar and salt. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Add the mayonnaise and mix until smooth. Taste for seasoning. Add sugar or salt if needed.
Add the remaining ingredients and toss until evenly mixed. Chill for 30 minutes to allow flavors to meld.