This recipe is great when you’re looking for a change of pace. It uses ground chicken and turkey and is packed with flavor.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 pound ground pork or turkey
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 4 green onions, white and green, chopped
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce (optional)
- 1 tablespoon whole sesame seeds
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large glass bowl, lightly beat eggs, add bread crumbs, onions, soy sauce, ginger, sesame oil, red pepper flakes and black pepper. Whisk together until mixed. Add meat and gently mix with hands or large fork. Don’t over mix the meat or it will be tough, but make sure the different meats are thoroughly mixed. Pour meat mixture into large loaf pan. Pat down and smooth the top. Spread the teriyaki sauce evenly over the top of the loaf. Sprinkle the sesame seeds over the top. Bake for one hour. If sesame seeds are not toasted, put under the broiler, but only for a few minutes. Watch it carefully because the teriyaki sauce will burn. Let the loaf rest for 10 minutes before slicing. The juices may be poured off and added to a side dish of rice for extra flavor. The juices are delicious.