There are so many ways to prepare cheese cake. I love this recipe because it is fool-proof and can be made with real sugar or it can be made sugar-free for the carb avoiders. How cool is that? Look at the sugar-free version below, and trust me, no one at my dinner table knew it was sugar-free!
- 3/4 cups pecans, ground in food processor
- 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 packets Splenda
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
Mix ingredients and press into a spring-form pan. If not carb-free, use 1 cup graham crumbs, 1/4 cup butter and no Splenda.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 20 packets Splenda (or 3/4 cups sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees F. In large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream and sugar or Splenda. Beat until well blended and fluffy. Add vanilla and add eggs, one at a time and mix until light and fluffy. Pour into spring-form pan and bake for 1 hour or until firm to the touch.
- Topping, Blueberry
- 1 pint fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup water (no water if using frozen berries)
- 12 packs Splenda or 1/3 cups blueberry jelly
- 2 tablespoons “Not Sugar” (no-carb product made by “Expert Foods that thickens and gives a more natural sugar feel to artificially sweetened recipes) No need if using sugar and jelly.
- 1 tablespoon Myers’s Dark Rum
- Heat all ingredients on medium high heat until just boiling. Remove from heat and let rest until all ingredients are enjoying themselves, about 10 minutes
I had leftovers the day after with chocolate sauce and about fainted. But, truly, you must try the blueberry with dark rum sauce. It will make you write a letter to an old boyfriend, or some other naughty no-no!